Wednesday 3 July 2013

First Impressions: Laura Mercier Crème Brûlée Sugar Scrub

I have read about Laura Mercier products for a while and have always been eager to try some so when I got given this body scrub as a present, I was thrilled.
Laura Mercier products always seem to get a good review and in particular I've noticed her body scrubs and body soufflés popping up in countless favourite videos on YouTube.








With my holiday only a few days away I decided that it was the perfect time for some exfoliation! Here are my first impressions of the Laura Mercier Crème Brûlée Sugar Scrub:

Packaging: The scrub comes in a large glass jar (380ml) with a small plastic spatula. It's a simple and elegant looking product that I think looks lovely in the bathroom!

Smell: As you can guess from the name, the scrub smells like crème brûlée. It's sweet and sugary and absolutely delicious! What I will say is that the smell when using it is far nicer than when you just smell the jar - I found there was a strong hint of alcohol when sniffing the jar but this really was not the case when actually using the product.

Application: I was really impressed when using this, you only need a small amount and it's really easy to use. The sugar granules don't clump together and it almost feels oily (in a good way) when applying it. It was quick and easy - as it should be!

Results: After my shower my skin immediately felt amazing! So silky and smooth! I did put some moisturiser on, as I always do, but the difference the scrub made was really noticeable. I'm really happy with the results and can easily say it will now be a staple in my beauty routine!

Price: It costs £36 which is a hefty price for a scrub but on first impressions I do think it's worth it. You get a lot and a little goes a long way. Plus, we all need to treat ourselves!

I can definitely see some more Laura Mercier purchases in my future...

Amy x


3 comments:

  1. I've seen so many people on youtube talk about Laura Mercier (Elle and Ingrid) and I've never been sure because I've heard that it's a very expensive brand. But your review helped me make up my mind! I hope to purchase this when I can get my hands on it! thanks
    -Emily x
    http://daisylocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's one of these really hyped brands but I really think it's worth the money!

      x

      Delete
  2. This sounds really good and looks so luxurious! tempting me to give it a try :P
    Sinead | http://sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete