Thursday 4 July 2013

A Lovely Experience in Lush

This post is not a review of a specific Lush product in particular but instead a review of my shopping experience!

This post is a bit of a ramble so bear with me!

Yesterday I popped into Lush to pick up some Bubble Bars (if you haven't tried them I would seriously recommend them - The Comforter and Rose Jam have changed bath times forever!) and whilst at the till I asked about a shampoo they sell called Big. 
You may have heard about this shampoo through other blogs and YouTube, it contains sea salt and aims to leave your hair feeling voluminous and, would you believe it, big! It comes in 330g tub and is £11.25. Not massively expensive but I'm funny about shampoo so asked if I could buy a trial size.

Here is where I was left impressed, the lovely girl told me that it only comes in one size but she would gladly give me a tester away. She not only proceeded to give me a perfectly sized tester of the shampoo, she also gave me a tester of a body scrub they do called Rub Rub Rub. 



This may seem trivial but I love testers. I really don't mind spending upwards of £30 on beauty products (I probably should, but I don't) but what I hate is when I ask sales people if they have a sample of a product and I'm met with an offended and judgemental face. If I'm going to part with my hard earned cash I want it to be for something that I'm going to love. I don't think you should be embarrassed to ask for this service or be treated like you're trying to scam the company.

I know there will always be people who are just looking for a freebie but having worked for a luxury brand, I know that a huge number of people who take staples are doing so because they want to try it before they buy it! 

So I want to say thank you Lush! And well done - I left your shop feeling happy and grateful for the wonderful customer service!

And rant over - I will leave you with a lovely picture of a pink bubble bath courtesy of The Comforter.



Amy x

1 comment:

  1. Oh lush people are always so friendly. Every single time I go in there i'm left feeling happy. I particularly love the fact that they aren't pushy with you buying their products, but very informative and willing to let you try before buy.
    They will also tell you their honest truth on the products that won't suit the person in particular.
    I love lush!
    -Emily xo
    http://daisylocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete